Posted on 12/5/2017
General Overview of Position
The position of Assembly Technician reports to the Area Manager and is responsible to provide high quality merchandise assembly, installation, and service work at customer locations.
* Assemble all products according to manufacturer's directions and specifications.
* Communicate with Area Manager at the beginning and end of each shift.
* Use time clock as required to record time.
* Check in with appropriate contact at customer location.
* Complete work tasks as indicated by the work list or customer.
* Complete repairs as necessary.
* Order parts using the on line order system.
* Work in a safe and clean manner.
* Be aware of customers in the area and work accordingly.
* Stage assembled product in a neat and orderly fashion.
* Dispose of trash as dictated by the customer.
* Complete required information for invoice purposes.
* Update customer status as required.
* Other duties and/or tasks may be assigned on an as needed basis.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Must provide own tools.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to reach and maintain prescribed productivity levels for assembly.
* Reliable transportation.
* Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
* Required availability including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to provide an acceptable background screen.
* Ability to pass a drug screen.
Essential Job Functions
* Ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and periodically climb up and down stairs.
* Ability to work exposed to outside temperatures.
* Frequently bending, kneeling and reaching.
* Ability to use hands and fingers to assemble small parts and calibrate precise measurements.
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and oral.
* Piece work commission/Non-Exempt.
* Career Tech bonus.
* Annual performance appraisals.