Patton Electronics has just added machine shop capabilities, we are currently seeking a full-time CNC machine operator apprentice to assist with the manufacturing of precision components. Patton values individuals interested in continually learning new skills and maintaining high standards. The successful applicant will be provided with on the job and technical training to become competent in the manufacture of high tolerance parts utilizing CNC equipment, while performing general machine shop duties.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Assist with jobs on CNC equipment ensuring all parts meet tight manufacturing requirements.
- Perform stocking, loading, and material inventory.
- Perform general packing, shipping, and receiving duties.
- Be flexible and willing to tackle new challenges and have a positive can-do" attitude.
- Perform cleaning and general maintenance on shop equipment.
- Applicant must be able to solve problems that arise in a manufacturing environment without direct supervision while also performing as part of a team.
Requirements / Qualification and Education:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Technical training in the manufacturing field a plus.
- Experience with general hand tools and basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to safely lift, load, and unload material from manufacturing equipment.
- Have general understanding of basic machine shop equipment and its safe operation.
- Proficient with PC operation to include E-mail, and a general Windows working knowledge.
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both written and oral, in the English language.
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Hours: Full time 8 hour day shift.
Compensation: $25,000 - $35,000 /Year, Full benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
CNC Operator: 1 year
Patton is all about connections from inception the company has connected generations in a family-owned-and-operated business. Since incorporating in 1984, Patton has built everything from micro-sized widgets for connecting "this-with-that," to carrier-grade Telecom gear that connects end-customers to service-provider networks. Now headquartered in Gaithersburg, MD, USA, Patton markets a catalog of over 1,000 products, with a focus on VoIP and Ethernet extension technologies. Today, Patton equipment is up-and-running in carrier, enterprise and industrial networks all over the world interconnecting legacy TDM and serial systems with contemporary and next-generation IP-based voice, data, and multi-media networking technologies.
It is our joy and mission to connect real-world customer challenges with high-quality, right-priced solutions, complemented by unrivaled customer service and technical support. Patton's global family of sales, support, and engineering professionals are fully-engaged in connecting our product managers with true local-market requirements. Patton works hard to connect with your world, operating regional offices in strategic locations across the globe. To better reach our global customers and serve their true needs, Patton works in connection with a growing network of technology, business, and sales-channel partners. Patton... Let's Connect!