Posted on 12/10/2017
Manufacturing Engineer - Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: ES20173###-####1
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT.
* Designs and plans layout for such activities as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and materials handling.
* Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
* Plans for the arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
* Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
* May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
* Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
* Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
* Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
* A Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is required
* 5-10 years of hands-on hardware manufacturing experience in a related field
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques is required
* Knowledge of polyurethanes, epoxies, rubber, and chemical solvents is a plus
* Experience with Design for Manufacturing through Continuous Process Improvement
* Knowledge of electro-mechanical transducers and related test equipment such as, Signal Generators, Impedance Analyzers, Hi-Pot Testers, Electrometers, IR meters, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to write work instructions and train production operators to build product
* Use of Solidworks to design tooling, fixtures, and related assembly aids is required
Preferred Additional Skills:
* A working knowledge of piezoelectric technology is preferred
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Location: USA - UT - ALL, USA - UT - Salt Lake City
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018