Equipment / Process Engineering (Associate Intern)
Posted on 12/4/2017
Summary of Role: Process/Equipment Inter/CO-OP Engineer - Manufacturing
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab9, the world leader in RF semiconductor manufacturing in Essex Junction, VT, is seeking an Intern/CO-OP for semiconductor process or equipment engineer. The individual selected for this position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization with primary responsibilities focused on development, support and continuous improvement of 200mm semiconductor manufacturing processes.
* (Process) Establish and manage the equipment quality control plan. (Equipment) Establish and manage the equipment budget and cost model
* Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning.
* Define and maintain equipment installation process qualification or installation roadmaps - (Process) Drive process qualifications, implement process control plans and configuration with the area equipment engineers, including qualification, start up and volume ramp of process equipment or (Equipment) Define and maintain equipment installation roadmaps - Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers, including installation, start up and volume ramp of process equipment.
* (Process) Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize manufacturing processes to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets. (Equipment) Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize equipment to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
* (Equipment) Must be mechanically inclined and able to lead hands on, tactical troubleshooting efforts to resolve long term performance issues; must be able to deconstruct and understand complex systems
* Collaborate with GLOBALFOUNDRIES integration and process engineering to support development of improved next generation technologies. Support technology transfer to other fabricators.
* Ability to marry both the equipment and process sides of issues, focusing on delivering the right results on product.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
* Pursuit of and completion of 1 year of Technology related Bachelor's degree: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant discipline.Fluent in English
* 10% travel may be required.
* Knowledge of semiconductor/silicon processingUnderstanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@globalfoundries.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.