CAD/BIM Technician-Sheet Metal Detailing Specialist
Posted on 9/28/2017
The CAD/BIM Technician operates primarily Revit BIM Modeling Software with some work in other Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) computer systems and other computer programs as needed. Tasks include creating, updating, and modifying 3D BIM Models and drawings under the direction of an engineer or designer. This position will provide detailing in support of our ductwork fabrication and installation services. Candidate may perform field
surveys to collect as-built conditions and create record drawings.
Essential Job Functions:
* Produce and edit Mechanical and Plumbing layout drawings using CAD/BIM software to satisfy contract-specific drawing requirements.
* As a sheet metal detailing specialist, high priority is to produce coordinated fabrication-ready shop drawings meeting field operations approval and compatible with shop fabrication procedures and software.
* Compile source CAD files, field measurements, foremens drawing markups and equipment data for record drawing preparation, including some onsite information documentation.
* Work will conform to the companys fabrication standards.
* Complete tasks with compliance to CAD/BIM drafting standards and workflow. Scan, store, and/or reproduce various project documents for use by engineers, project managers, customers and field staff.
* Assists in creation and maintenance of the companys fabrication standards
* Must have valid drivers license and willing to travel within the state as required, up to 25%
* Performs other related duties, as assigned.
This is a brief summary description of the duties associated with the position, however, there may be other duties required and assigned by the manager of this position as deemed appropriate for the role.
Essential Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will be:
* Thorough and detail oriented
* A proficient communicator in both written and oral forms.
* A Problem Solver
* Able to prioritize and plan their work effectively and independently
* Candidate must have experience or training in Revit and Navisworks. (Extensive 3D modeling experience in other software including AutoCAD MEP may be considered.)
* Experienced and familiar with ductwork fabrication and installation.
* Knowledge of industry ductwork design and fabrication standards
* Strong standards, strong communication and written skills
Education and Experience:
* Associates degree or completion of coursework in Computer Aided Drafting & Design, Architectural Engineering Technology, or other related two-year degrees, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This role involves general office work, as well as the possibility of visits to active construction sites. This position would require the ability to lift files, open cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment with the occasional visit to construction sites.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Typical office hours are weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but flexible work arrangements may be available based on business need. Opportunity for a part time schedule may be available depending on work load. Occasional overtime hours may be required as job duties demand.
EEO Statement: Vermont Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.