Master Plumber / Pipefitter - HVAC & Mechanical
Expanding from our initial core business providing critical process cleaning to automotive manufacturer’s paint shops, MacLellan Integrated Services provides a broad scope of maintenance, facilities management, HVAC and industrial engineering services to a variety of large manufacturers across North America and has become a partner and key provider of maintenance services to our customers.
MacLellan provides mechanical and HVAC maintenance, from equipment inspection and repair to complete preventative maintenance programs to large industrial customers. We are currently growing our team of skilled HVAC service professionals and are looking for a customer service focused master Plumber / Pipefitter to join our team in our Decatur, Alabama branch.
We are building on our reputation for excellence and we will become the leading provider of building and energy solutions in the region, and a leader in energy and HVAC services nationwide. This position is an opportunity for career development, training and advancement with a great company committed to a strong work/life balance.
Working in a self-directed diverse team based environment, this master level maintenance Plumber / Pipefitter applies expertise in performing and supervising skilled work in the in the installation, maintenance, and repair of industrial mechanical piping systems and related equipment. The primary role of this position is to perform corrective and preventative maintenance and installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating high pressure mechanical piping for heating and cooling systems, ventilation, hydraulics and chemicals in an automotive manufacturing plant with operations that include stamping, body weld, assembly, paint and plastics. This position requires adjusting to the changing needs of a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a focus on problem solving and continuously improving safety, quality and productivity.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and collaborate with the customer to prepare and execute work assignments received orally and in written format, which may be accompanied by manuals, sketches and diagrams.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on industrial piping and equipment using standard and specialized hand/power tools and diagnostic equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Specify and select size and type of pipe such as carbon, stainless steel and other alloy metals and determine other related materials and equipment required for projects.
- Plan installations and perform operations including threading, grinding, welding, cutting, rigging, brazing, soldering and bending pipes according to specifications.
- Perform installations which may require avoiding obstructions or interference with ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Inspect, test for leaks and validate performance of installations and repairs, identify support issues and make adjustments ensuring smooth operation until next maintenance.
- Provide input to risk management plans that will anticipate reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Provide technical expertise to production, maintenance management and technical personnel and proactively address potential issues.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through measurement and reporting, taking prompt action when needed.
- Build culture of performance management and accountability.
Master Plumber / Pipefitter - HVAC & Mechanical
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of experience and a 2 year technical degree from a certified trade school or technical college or an accredited plumbing or pipefitting apprenticeship program.
- Must hold current Alabama Master Plumber and Master Gas Fitter license.
- At least 5 years of progressive, master level plumbing and pipefitting experience performing facilities and equipment maintenance in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Knowledge of lean principles and proactive maintenance practices.
- Experience with safety principles, Job Hazard Analyses (JHA’s) and the use of PPE.
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ANY SHIFT AND/OR WEEKENDS AS PART OF REGULAR WORK SCHEDULE.
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
- Exceptional customer service, communications, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required.
- Computer skills with proficiency using MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively collaborate with peers, management, subordinates and corporate resources to positively impact performance.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers in difficult situations.
- Ability to drive accountability and encourage excellence.
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is key role in our organization, with the exposure and potential for development and promotion in an exciting, fast paced, high growth rate environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and provide an outstanding career path.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Company provided vehicle, fuel, phone allowance, and PPE.
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off / Time Off for Volunteering and company matching charitable donations
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Company matching 401(k) Program
- Life Insurance, Salary Continuation Program & Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Company clothing allowance