Operations Coordinator/Supervisor – Coppell, TX – Temp to Hire / $24 per hour
Successful growing company in Coppell, TX has an immediate opening for a sharp Operations Coordinator/Supervisor who will be responsible for the safe execution of daily operational plans and strategies, to manage, lead and allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates, ensure compliance with key processes while achieving safety, quality, efficiency and financial KPI’s.
**Strong background in quality management systems, ISO 9001 (or similar), process auditing & documentation, process maps, etc. REQUIRED & previous experienced working in a Cell Phone Repair/Refurbish facility would be a huge plus.
- Supervises at least 10-15+ full-time direct reports - Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly production activities within warehouse operations.
- Prepares and distributes various reports needed for normal day to day operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Responsible for scheduling vacations and time off per policy with the least amount of disruption to the department to meet customer needs.
- Fully engaged with process on floor to actively lead and supervise teammates.
- Communicates daily through operational start up meetings, making sure all work instructions, daily workflow activities and safety practices are being followed.
- Initiates positive methods of driving teammate excellence through follow up, providing consistent and fair feedback on performance & takes action through coaching and counseling to correct behaviors.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct weekly safety meetings during start of shift with teammates. Maintain a safe working environment through participation of safety training, JHA reviews, and weekly walk through.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment which adheres to corporate 5’s standards.
- Supervise the operations of the team to achieve prescribed objectives/goals - Develop and maintain a productive work team through cross training, sound communication and positive motivational techniques.
- Facilitating seamless hand offs and communicating key information to peers, teammates and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment required.
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service in high pressure situations to internal/external customers.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Assist Operations Manager on special projects and assist in maintaining the security of the
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or a related field preferred.
- Military rank at E-6 or E-7/or O-1/O-2 or minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or supply chain environment required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with Labor Management experience preferred
- Prioritization and problem solving skills are essential
- Experience with quality management methodologies
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental understanding of change management
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be Customer Service driven and a Strong Team Player
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures
- Intermediate to advance computer skills (EXCEL, Outlook, Word and WMS) required
- Strong background in quality management systems, ISO 9001 (or similar), process auditing & documentation, process maps, etc. REQUIRED