Posted on 12/7/2017
SUPERVISES: There no direct reports with this position.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, the Manufacturing Engineer-Senior designs and governs production processes that are capable of exceeding customer quality, profitability, marketability, and efficiency requirements. Employees in this job class apply engineering expertise to design tools, fixtures, and workspaces to adapt the workplace to the needs of disabled employees. This job class requires extensive knowledge of engineering concepts and practices, manufacturing industry standards and processes, working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, the ability to serve in a consultative role to management and customers, and serve as a leader to lower level Engineers and other Process
1. *Leads team in technical assignments involving continually improving manufacturability and maintaining timely product flow for assigned product(s). Researches, designs, and
oversees the building of tools, fixtures, and workplaces that assist adults with disabilities to perform work, while maintaining quality and efficiency requirements.
2. *Provides direction and recommendations to engineering staff, production, and customers to solve product issues.
3. *Evaluates, tests, and defines processes and parameters to be used in the manufacturing of products. Researches new technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques to apply in the production or quotation of the customer’s products.
4. *Manages the building of prototypes and new product introductions; including analyzing and defining manufacturing production costs, quality, delivery, performance, and customer satisfaction.
5. *Provides leadership and training to lower level engineers and process technicians.
6. *Provides leadership in customer quality and efficiency efforts by directing support teams to improve cycle times and reduce defects.
7. *Participates in various business meetings with customers and other staff on a regular basis.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Engineering field with five or more years of directly related manufacturing engineering experience or ten years directly related experience with supplemental
• Strong abilities in supporting assembly processes and process development including PCBA Manufacturing, cable assembly, electromechanical box builds, production tests, and
related automated systems. Knowledge of failure analysis (F/A), corrective action (CAPA), potential failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and supplier corrective action (SCAR)
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
•Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadshe et, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance.
• Viewing computer screen
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, squatting and stooping
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with production equipment. Employees are exposed to a moderate amount of noise and may be exposed elevated temperatures, high heat, occasional fumes, toxic chemicals and airborne particles. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.