hand tools and power tool experience
manufacturing or aerospace
high school diploma or GED is requires
work with parts on the production floor
Location: North Hollywood, Ca. (818) area code
Pay: 16.00 an hour -
direct hire with benefits: 401k, health insurance
Summary: Set up and fit detailed parts on aircraft, aerospace and similar assemblies. Performs hand grinding, expanding and hand fitting to blueprint dimensions for heliarc tacking, welding and/or resistance welding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following and all other duties as may be assigned.
- Set up and operate metal expander, hand or pedestal grinder, large or small band saw.
- Performs such typical operations as aligning machined details or stampings preparatory to welding operations.
- Holds parts in place by spot welding, clamping, bonding or machine tacking.
- Trims, scribes, files or grinds parts to templates or scribed lines.
- Sets up single jobs in assembly jig for welding.
- Assists higher classified workers as required.
- Performs rework, repair and other associated operations in connection with the work described.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
Us citizen or greencard is required.