opportunity for an Experienced Production Supervisor (Food Manufacturing)
Established in 1992
with the goal of marrying food science and culinary excellence to improve the
quality and reduce the cost of manufactured foods, Haliburton has grown into a
specialty foods powerhouse. We service the nation's largest retailers, national
restaurant chains and top 100 food manufacturers from our newly constructed
300,000+ sq. ft. state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Ontario,
Foods, Inc is looking for dynamic, energetic and career minded people who can
take our company to the next level in food manufacturing. We currently have an
opening for an experienced Production
role of the Production Manager is to manage
production operations to produce products that meet quality, cost, and volume
criteria and objectives.
** Must have the ability to run production equipment as Bagger Machines, Individual Quick Frozen Equipment, Oven Conveyors, Size Reduction Equipment (Slicers, Dicers, Translicers), Diverse Production Equipment etc. **
** Must have the ability to run production equipment as Bagger Machines, Oven, Grinders, Filling Equipment (Drums, Bags, Cups), Diverse Production Equipment etc. **
- Provide leadership and direction to employees under their supervision by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate and plan production schedules and prepare resources to ensure we meet customer demands.
- Ensure that items and equipment are in an "inspection ready" condition at all times
- Manage employees in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment
- Manage production staff and processes; includes supervising, planning and directing production to produce quality products at the lowest cost per unit
- Train and motivate line employee to achieve production goals.
- Undertake the responsibility of completing the set targets by coordinating with his/her team members
- Distribute work among the member of the team based on their talent and abilities
- Conduct meeting with his employees to explain to them the nature of their work and duties
- Answer all queries of the team members related to work
- Create, Verify and follow the production schedule as stated.
- Communicate and create new ideas or comments to produce more efficiently
- Verify equipment and following up on issues
- Initiate, create and verify that work orders given to maintenance are completed
- Organize the production team and verify that all employees are working as assigned
- Ensure that production line have the necessary employees to perform accordingly
- Prepare and make proper equipment set up to do an efficient start up of production
- Report to work as scheduled; be on time from lunch, breaks, and at the beginning of the shift
- Follow the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and enforce them with all employees, as well as the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Safety purposes
- Implement company programs by upholding them and filling out the proper requested reporting
- Act as a backup person in case of a Manager’s absence
- Inform Manager when an employee is not performing properly
**Must be able to take on other responsibilities that are not part of their regular tasks in the event it is deemed necessary to benefit the organization**
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift up to 60lbs.
- Able to work in a high-paced and hot environment
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to withstand strong odors from the foods being processed
Education, Prior Work Experience/Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate full knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices policies and procedures
- Full knowledge of formulas (e.g. cuts, weights, product descriptions, cooking times, agitation levels)
- Must have good analytical skills
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Be able work independently or in a team environment
- Two years of experience in leading/managing a team of employees
- Be able to work in varying shift
We offer our full-time employees an impressive benefits package that includes health insurance programs, a 401(k) Plan, tuition reimbursement, holiday pay, sick pay and vacation pay. Best of all with over 20 years of experience in the food industry and an aggressive and proven record of growth Haliburton International Foods, Inc. offers stability and opportunity for job growth.
If you have what it takes and want to build a challenging fast-paced career, please send your resume along with salary requirements.
Haliburton International Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.