Posted on 12/7/2017
Job Summary: Performs warehouse activities to include parts pulling, staging, and loading/stocking of trucks.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Receives labels from supervisor for parts to be pulled for assigned route.
2. Pulls parts from the appropriate bins and delivers to staging area for loading.
3. Operates a forklift or order selector to transport parts in and about warehouse.
4. Loads trucks according to the delivery schedule and performs a final check off of parts loaded.
5. Sorts and places parts and supplies on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
6. Responds to customer counter sales immediately by receiving order, pulling product.
7. Verifies in-stock position on product for inside sales staff.
8. Checks in defective parts and enters into computer system for return to vendor.
9. Signs off on all delete tickets, providing an explanation as to the reason.
10. Puts wheel cores in staging area for return to remanufacturing facilities.
11. Maintains orderliness and housekeeping of assigned work areas.
12. Complies with established company policies and procedures.
13. Initiates and supports the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries’ quality improvement system.
14. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired. Up to six months of warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures, work methods, to become familiar with the company's products, locations, machines and equipment, operating methods, and to attain proficiency requirements and to fully assume responsibilities of the job. Forklift certification beneficial.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General knowledge and ability to perform relatively simple work using basic arithmetic. Must be able to recognize bin numbered locations. Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends. Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters.
Machines, Equipment, and Software: Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, pull cart, ladder, Computer terminal, Microsoft Access Software, and telephone.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating machinery. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Preferred Qualifications:Good Driving Record preferred
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
*The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.