Sheet Metal Technician - HVAC & Mechanical
Expanding from our initial core business providing critical process cleaning to automotive manufacturer’s paint shops, MacLellan Integrated Services provides a broad scope of maintenance, facilities management, HVAC and industrial engineering services to a variety of large manufacturers across North America and has become a partner and key provider of maintenance services to our customers.
MacLellan provides mechanical and HVAC maintenance, from equipment inspection and repair to complete preventative maintenance programs to large industrial customers. We are currently building our team of skilled HVAC service professionals and are looking for a customer service focused Sheet Metal Technician with expertise in the design, layout, fabrication, installation and modification of HVAC sheet metal ductwork to join our team in our Decatur, Alabama branch.
We are building on our reputation for excellence and we will become the leading provider of building and energy solutions in the region, and a leader in energy and HVAC services nationwide. This position is an opportunity for career development, training and advancement with a great company committed to a strong work/life balance.
Reporting to the Branch Manager and working closely in a team environment, the Sheet Metal Technician leads the design, layout, fabrication, installation and modification of HVAC sheet metal ducting, hangers and related equipment for industrial and commercial heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration with limited general supervision. This position has a high level of direct customer contact and is responsible for ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the all work being performed and communicating any issues that may arise to the Branch Manager with action plans to resolve them. This position is directly in contact with the customer, and exceptional customer service and professional demeanor and appearance is expected at all times.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret blueprints, create material and equipment takeoff lists, and performs all layouts of ductwork and equipment.
- Preplan weekly assignments for sheet metal crew.
- Supervise, direct, mentor and coach apprentices and helpers.
- Communicate with other on-site trade foremen and job site superintendent for up to date job site change orders and attend job site meetings as required.
- Collaborate and team with other technicians and staff to provide technical support or assistance as needed.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, reports, etc. in a timely manner and promote and adhere to all company policies.
- Ensure a safe work environment and support a culture of ZERO tolerance, identify and eliminate root causes of accidents, and escalate safety issues in compliance with all MacLellan policies.
- Promote MacLellan Core Values and instill a culture based on performance, innovation, exceptional customer service and 100% accountability.
- Create, implement and monitor standards of performance, disciplines and metrics.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and engage customers to regularly identify expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work after regular hours and on weekends when required.
Sheet Metal Technician - HVAC & Mechanical
- 5 years of progressive, professional experience in the design, layout, fabrication and leading the installation and modification of sheet metal and ductwork for HVAC systems and equipment for large industrial and commercial customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- HVAC/R Contractor license, Master Mechanical license, EPA 608 or NATE certifications are desirable but not required.
- OSHA, CPR, or First Aid training is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma, and a 2 year technical degree from a certified trade school, technical college or an accredited maintenance apprenticeship program, or equivalent experience.
- Any trade specific certifications or factory training is highly desirable.
- Continuing education in a relevant HVAC related topics.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools, tablets and smartphones.
- Must have the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. and the ability to safely set up and climb up to 32 foot ladders.
- Must be driven by a strong customer focus and demonstrate the ability to drive accountability and encourage excellence.
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is key role in our organization, with the exposure and potential for development and promotion in an exciting, fast paced, high growth rate environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and provide an outstanding career path.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Company matching 401(k) Program
- Life Insurance