Production/ Factory Supervisor – food/beverage
An international beverage company is seeking a qualified Production/ Factory Supervisor who has 5+ years supervising production employees. This candidate must be available for the 2nd shift 3:30pm~12:30am, 5 working days within Monday - Saturday and flexible to rotating days off.
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Direct Hire/ Exempt
Title: Production Supervisor
Business Hour: 5 days within Monday to Saturday
2nd shift: 3:30pm – 12:30am
Great benefit: Medical/ Dental / Vision - PPO, Life Insurance, Vacation, National Holiday, 401K
- Supervises 30+ employees to ensure security, safety, specs, quality assurance of products, sanitation, OSHA, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed.
- Responsible for scheduling the shifts for the line employee.
- Orients new employees and trains on department-related activities
- Appropriately handles employee concerns and complaints
- Work closely with Production Manager and Plant Manager and become the liaison with them and the line employee.
- Follow daily production schedule and notify Plant Management and Production Manager if shortages occur.
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Ensure compliance with all Production & Safety regulations
- Maintain high sanitary standards as required in the food/beverage manufacturing industry and be ready for third party audits and regulatory inspections at all times.
- Notify maintenance and follow-up with work orders on any repair or improvement to a production line.
- Inspect production area and ensure equipment and personnel are working in a safe manner.
- Enforce all company rules, policies, and procedures & provide disciplinary action when necessary.
- Immediately investigate all types of accidents, such as worker comp injuries & property damage, and report to appropriate Manager.
- Other jobs will be assigned from the Managers.
- Manufacturing experience is A MUST!
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience is a must
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly employees
- Experience in handling people and conflict resolution.
- Ability to train others
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred but not a must
- Basic knowledge of PC applications to create reports and communicate with other departments
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and climb to perform job functions as needed
- Must be available to work 5 days within Monday to Saturday, 2nd shift is from 3:30PM-12:30AM