Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- CNC Mazak Multi-Axis Mill/Lathe Machinist w/ Mazatrol – CATIA/CAD Programming
- Proficiency with current versions of CATIA (CAD) and/or other CAD programming software.
- Proficiency with MAZAK VARIAXIS and INTEGREX machining centers.
- Proficient with VERICUT verification software.
- Capable of programming, editing and troubleshooting G-Code programs.
- Candidates will be performing complete setups, operating, and performing program changes (Mazatrol controls) on Mazak CNC mill & turning center (up to 5 axis).
- Proficiency with GDT interpretation and various measurement techniques.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to evaluate dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, cutting tools including geometries, insert grades and coatings, tool holders and workholding methods.
- Select tools and edit efficient programs for CNC machines to maximize utilization and minimize downtime of the equipment.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and correcting machining processes, including fixtures, tools and programs to maintain print specifications.
- Must be flexible with job schedule in order to meet the needs of the CNC Department.
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment observing and practicing high standards of health and safety.
- Desire to satisfy and exceed customer requirements.
- Ability and desire to be a “Start to Finish” machinist on different projects each daily/weekly.
- Ability to take ownership in a project from process input to programming, fixture, set up, run and inspection.
- Ability to work safe and promote a safe work culture.
- Desire to work with and transfer skills to others.
Interested Applicants MUST:
- Have 6+ years of CNC Machining experience
- Have 3+ years of Mazak specific experience
- Have prototype experience
- Be capable of holding tight tolerances
- Be fluent with Mazatrol controls
- Be capable of performing complete setups
- Be capable of performing edits to existing programs
- Have blueprint reading, CAD (CATIA) and quality inspection experience
- Be capable of utilizing Microsoft Office programs