Plumbing and Fire Protection Design Engineer – New York, NY
WSP, a world-class and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer for our New York City office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Responsibilities include:
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Design of plumbing and fire protection systems, including sustainable systems.
- Calculation of preliminary water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination.
- Develop project specifications.
- Survey and evaluation of existing conditions.
- Construction administration.
About WSP USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- 2-5 years’ experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems. (Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.)
- AutoCAD and REVIT experience.
- Strong working knowledge of building, plumbing, and fire codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performance buildings.
- LEED AP is preferred.
- P.E./EIT License is a plus.
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation