Lathe Machine Operator
Summary: Responsible for learning and performing set up and basic operations on a lathe or mill.
- Possess ability to speak, read, and write to follow instructions and prepare production documents.
- Possess 6 months to 1 year experience in machining, metal cutting, fabricating, or similar work, with good eye hand coordination to handle midsized and heavy weight parts.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous Manual Lathe experience preferred
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives instructions, specifications, blue prints and materials.
- Verifies received material and reports errors.
- Learns and performs setup on lathe or mill.
- Performs multiple and complex setups for a wide variety of machining operations.
- Selects and installs cutting tools.
- Sets and positions fixtures.
- Sets stops.
- Set up subject to check by Lead Worker.
- Performs test cut and makes adjustments as needed.
- Operates conventional powered lathe or mill to turn, drill, mill, tap, or cut metal to specified shapes.
- Positions part into fixtures and activates machine controls to perform machining operations as needed.
- Performs operator maintenance to equipment.
- Visually checks completed work.
- Uses micrometer, caliper, protractor, tape measure, rulers, fixed or adjustable gages.
- Reports discrepancies and quality problems to superior.
- Stages work into cart or other designated area.
- Delivers cut parts to designated area in shop.
- Observes company policies and safety guidelines.
- Maintains neat work area and wears any specified personal protective equipment.
- Performs tasks sitting or standing at machine in plant area.
- Moves and handles items weighing 0 - 50 lbs.
- Tasks require frequent to moderate handling of small parts.
- Exposed to dusty, oily and noisy machine operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PRODUCT LINE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE: The employee has demonstrated satisfactory skills and knowledge in the following:
- Manual Lathe Operation
- CNC Mill Operation
- CNC Lathe Operation
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.