Posted on 12/7/2017
The 2nd Shift Warehouse Operator position performs a variety of material movements for order filling, receiving and loading/unloading for A. M. Castle customers. The Warehouse Operator will also be responsible for utilizing customer order requirements, selects, fills, and packages customer orders.
The Warehouse Operator will be based out of the Wichita, KS warehouse and will report directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
* Perform a variety of material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading/unloading.
* Utilize customer order requirements, selects, fills, and packages customer orders.
* Attach bundle tag to material being shipped and stages for shipment.
* Utilize Crown truck (elevated work platform) to pull down small orders to meet customer requirements.
* Utilize Raymond Truck to pull down orders to meet customer requirements.
* Utilize overhead crane to move material to staging area and or trucks.
* Perform other related work as assigned.
* High school graduate or equivalent
* English and math competency test required
* Safety orientation including hazards communication and lock-out
* Quality orientation
* Forklift / Raymond Sideloader / Overhead Crane
* WMS a plus
* PC literacy a plus
* Must be able to pass basic measurement competency test
* Minimum two (2) years industrial work experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company History: Castle Metals, one of the nation's leading metal service centers, provides a broad base of metals, services, and logistics solutions to diverse industries, including aerospace, semi-conductor, oil and gas, automotive, and heavy equipment manufacturers. Castle is recognized as North America's largest distributor of carbon, alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum; titanium; brass and copper. Founded in 1890, Castle and its affiliates have over 40 operating and sales offices in the United States, Canada, and Mexico which support our domestic and international customers.