EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 70 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Will ensure proper flow and drainage of water, air and other gases by assembling, installing and repairing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all plumbing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, maintain and pressure test all pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water drainage, sprinkler and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures and plumbing system equipment including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select materials and hardware; ensure time and labor estimates are accurate.
- Maintain accurate inventory records for materials ordered and used.
- In partnership with foreman, ensure all areas are cleaned.
- Review blueprints and building codes/specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Measure, cut thread and bend pipe to specified angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe bending and/or pipe threading machines.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Completion of trade/technical school or other apprenticeship program is required. Minimum of three - five years prior work experience as a plumber's mechanic in commercial or light industrial settings is necessary. Ability to us power tools and equipment commonly used in the construction trade in a safe manner required. Must be familiar with North Carolina plumbing requirements.