ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Works under the direction of Maintenance Supervisor to make sure equipment in their assigned area is kept in top running condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical controls and instruments throughout the refinery.
- Work on voltage controls as well as circuits to include 110v, 440v and 4160v.
- Repair instruments in solids and liquids applications. The individual will be required to work on load and line side electrical components up to 4160v.
- Maintain and install electrical equipment and rigid conduit.
- Install and calibrate process control instrumentation with PLC control systems.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s for automated machinery and conveyor systems.
- Complete electrical preventative maintenance activities.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule electrical maintenance with supervision and operations input.
- Maintain 460v motors and controls to include variable frequency drives.
- Read and update changes made to blueprints, P&ID’s, single-lines, ladder logic and wiring schematics.
- Repair and troubleshoot analog instrument loops.
- Effectively use typical test and calibration equipment including pneumatic.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of RTD calibrators, mA calibrators, T/C calibrators, digital and analog multi-meters and laptops for equipment communication and troubleshooting
- Ability to work overtime, rotating shifts and weekends on a regular basis.
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a unionized environment.
Education and/or Experience
• Journeyman electrician OR 5+ years of experience in industrial electrical applications OR 2 year Electrician Certification for the listed set of skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.