United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-Tech CenterShift:
Day ShiftFLSA Status:
To support design and development of products used in Fluid Handling systems. Position involves providing ideas, inputs and analysis as a project team member.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position will support our Process Division in Minneapolis, MN. Processing and sanitary systems used in food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and oil and gas industries are some of the product lines within the Process Division ( http://bit.ly/1r73dM4
). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016.
Participate in new product development as a member of a design team by:
Analysis of Graco and competitive products including performance, features, cost, etc.
Assist in standard product support activities, such as:
- Analysis of competitive products
- Creation of detailed design drawings
- Analysis of design to applicable standards (SAE, UL, etc.)
- Analysis of design using engineering analysis tools and techniques (Finite Element Analysis, etc.)
- Review of instruction manuals and product literature
- Lab and field testing
- Work effectively in a team environment
Maintain current level of technical knowledge
Develop knowledge of:
- Analyzing and writing products for Engineering Change Orders
- Troubleshooting product problems in manufacturing, lab or field
- 'Minors' (cost reduction, packages, product upgrade)
Other duties as assigned
Completion of second year in engineering program
Good oral and written communication skills
Good mechanical/electrical aptitude
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
- Graco product line
- Operational systems
- Graco and industry design standards
- Graco Quality Management System
- Graco customer applications and requirements
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!