Newport News, VA
Posted on 12/6/2017
Three (3) or more years marine pipefitter work as a First Class Pipefitter.
Three (3) or more years Nuclear or Power Plant experience.
Required Experience / Qualifications - Shipboard:
1. Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Qualified to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to sketch and bend TFW piping (2? inch and below)
6. Braze and tack weld qualified if required by ordering Department
Candidates will be installing new piping systems and repairing and replacing worn and existing piping systems onboard US Navy Aircraft carriers. Will be working with various piping systems to include: hot and cold water, potable water, air and gas, disposable waist, etc.
Pipe welding qualifications are a plus.
Nuclear qualifications are a plus.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.