SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Techncian performs all necessary quality assurance analysis and tests assigned by the QA Manager while working closely with Production, Maintenance and Warehouse personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Actively participate in maintaining a Food Safe environment for our ST Specialty Plant and our customers.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety Guidelines.
- Take pride in maintaining "Ready to Tour and Safety Aware Environment"
- Participate in improvement projects to support Continuous Improvement.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for reporting any food safety or quality issues to supervisor as well as the following specific duties involving food safety and quality.
- Perform chemical, physical and sensory tests on all raw and finished products using approved methods to generate accurate data.
- Testing to include but not limited to the following: weight checks, moisture analyzing, documenting COAs, retain samples, customer cuttings, defect analysis, counts, and stencil evaluation including: label, date code, product code, description, & UPC code.
- Record all information in an orderly fashion and report all deviations from standard to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Follow Quality Assurance procedures as described by Quality Assurance Manager. Carry out any corrections prescribed by Quality Assurance Manager.
Bachelor's Degree preferred in sciences, biology, chemistry
Associate's Degree required or equivalent experience
Two years of experience in Quality Assurance preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accepts and is able to handle unanticipated work and problems
- Be accurate, precise and attentive to detail
- Good communication (verbally and written), problem solving and organizational skills
- Computer data entry skills
- Sound algebra
- Possess basic food processing knowledge, including familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Bilingual skills a plus
Standing and Walking 100%, Use of both hands 100%
Food manufacturing setting requiring the use of PPE and following all GMPs.