BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This role will be supporting engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic modules. Candidate will provide electrical engineering support to a dynamic engineering development team, leading first unit test, design verification test, integration and transition to production tasks on complex digital circuit cards and modules.
The successful candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally within thehardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas.
This position may include the following activities:
Minimum Education And Experience
- Design of complex high speed digital circuit card assemblies
- Lead/Mentor a team of junior engineers
- Support test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies ofdigital modules, working directly with program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to technicians and manufacturing personnel as required
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- High speed digital design of circuit card assemblies
- Experience with the design, build, integration and/or test of complex electronic systems
- Able to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment - Team Leader
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression