Posted on 12/7/2017
The Project Lead, Commercial Products, Depot & Field Service is responsible for managing and directing the activities of the Depot Organization, and the Aftermarket group for the Commercial Business and FAA Contracts (STS/PDU's, Maintenance Agreements, Spare Parts, Replacement Parts, Warranties and Repairs), as well as support for Depot and Field Service. Position works in close coordination with Project Administrators to ensure proper execution of program budgets, cost reporting, coordination of resources for all projects under their cognizance. Leads teams and directs Project Administrators in execution of specific projects as defined by their manager.
1. The primary responsibility for this role is to lead and support all project administrators in the department.
Responsibilities to include the following:
a. Setting project objectives and goals
b. Inspire and motive project administrators on meeting company and project objectives and goals
c. Keeping track of projects and ensuring projects follow assigned budgets and schedules
2. Recommends market strategy for Customer Service (CS) activities.
3. Sell aftermarket products and services or assist the field sales staff in same. Recommends pricing and strategy for aftermarket products and services when negotiating new equipment sales.
4. Directs and reviews price estimates. Establishes and recommends pricing on quotations, updates costing data and recommends appropriate changes.
5. Acts as customer liaison for equipment add-ons, engineering changes, production releases, etc. Conducts research, quotation, administration and follow-up of same.
6. Interfaces with customers and monitors customers interfacing activities of C/S personnel.
7. Reviews and supervises the coordination of C/S programs.
8. Reviews account receivable/payable and resolves problems.
9. Conducts fact-finding; negotiates major contracts, supervises negotiations of C/S personnel.
10. Reviews, recommends/approves contract terms and conditions related to Maintenance Agreements and Spare Part purchases in conjunction with the Contracts Dept.
11. Reviews and monitors all contractual activities and resolves problems, claims and disputes.
12. Recommends and establishes new procedures/systems to improve performance of contract administration or assists in marketing programs.
13. Establishes forecasts and budgets for aftermarket products and services.
14. Manages and directs all phases of a project from inception to completion (including formal contract closeout).
15. Obtains necessary data from Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Services and Contracts to process and prepare quotations.
16. Responsible for pricing of proposals, obtaining necessary approvals and formal submission of proposals to customer.
17. Establishes and maintains project schedules.
18. Directs the integration of a program team, which may include: Purchasing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Finance, Field Service, and Administrative functional areas.
19. Responsible for conducting weekly program meetings to discuss open issues and schedules.
20. Establishes and maintains customer contacts to ensure conformance to requirements.
21. Directs administration of contracts and acts as primary contact between the company and the customer.
22. Responsible for reporting of: Actual Costs, Estimates to complete, Invoicing, and Receivables.
23. Provides feedback on employee performance.
24. Recommends policy.
25. Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Directly supports the Sr. Manager Aftermarket, Depot & Field Service Operations and Manager Depot in the supervision of employees in the department. Carries out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; providing feedback on performance; and resolving problems in coordination with the Sr. Manager Aftermarket, Depot & Field Service Operations and Manager Depot.
1. Bachelor's Degree preferred or 4 – 6 years of leadership and management experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
2. Understanding of/or aptitude for learning technical requirements for assigned area of responsibility.
3. Knowledge of basic contractual procedures and the ability to negotiate and administer contracts.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
5. Must be conversant in Microsoft Office and be versatile in e-mail communications.
6. Must be able to multi-task and organize.
7. Possess the ability to interface with internal and external customers in a mature and professional manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.