This position will be responsible for leading product development and design efforts as well as provide on-going engineering support to existing products to improve reliability, reduce cost and improve functionality.
- Work with R&D and Marketing to generate product performance specs from customer requirements.
- Develop system architecture, testing and troubleshooting methodologies, and product development processes.
- Design, analyze, integrate, verify, and maintain analog, digital and mixed signal hardware products.
- Design, analyze and trouble-shoot microcontroller based circuits.
- Provide direction to Engineers and Technicians and clearly communicate their roles.
- Ensure products meet design, reliability, and quality requirements through analysis, simulation and measurements.
- Assist with reviews of Patent Disclosures and submissions of Patent Applications.
- Follow documented design controls which meet the requirements of the customer, QSR, and ISO.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of EE design experience.
- Familiarity with optimization system performance and noise reduction through analog circuit design and digital signal processing.
- Familiar with software and firmware development for embedded micro-controllers, FPGA's DSP, and CPLD devices.
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical engineering and design, applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
- Must have experience with Electro-mechanical mechanisms and controls.
- Must be able to read and generate electronic schematics
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, managers, manufacturing and support personnel.
- Experience developing products with international agency compliance (FCC, UL, RoHS)
- Familiarity with motion controllers, DC/AC Motor Drive Circuitry, and CCD cameras desired.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.