AZZ Enclosure Systems
Responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of equipment and products in a custom fabrication shop.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree or 2 year technical degree in related field preferred, but not required.
- Position requires at least 5 years’ experience as a designer in a sheet metal fabrication environment.
- In a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS (list below, if applicable):
- Outstanding oral/written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong 2D drafting skills, 3D visualization skills and 3D modeling aptitudes.
- Must be accurate, self-motivated, cooperative and possess a strong work ethic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop detailed shop information packages to be used by shop floor personnel
- Provide details for manufacture and assembly including flat patterns, jigs, templates, etc.
- Where customer drawings do not provide adequate information for fabrication, create detail drawings as required by shop floor personnel
- Sheet metal fabrication drawings
- Resolve design problems directly with the customer and shop floor personnel.
- Review and analyze specifications.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems (AutoCAD) to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically utilizing company standard format on network servers
- Act as a back-up to program drawings into automated manufacturing systems such as nesting for lasers & plasma
- Complete reviews of your own work to assure the highest quality work.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel on fabrication concepts, design, and process
- Able to work independently and possibly lead a small team
- Provide input to estimating as to number of hours required to complete drawings for a project based on a given scope of work.
- Travel to project site to gather pertinent dimensional information.
- Perform minor calculations for system design (surge bin sizing, spouting size selection, CFM requirements, and minor conveyor sizing).
- Minor coordination with vendors gathering equipment dimensions & specifications. Check equipment approval drawings for fit within a system.
Sitting, standing, walking, and ability to travel. Primarily office environment but will also include some manufacturing shop environment that is not air-conditioned.
Full Time with overtime as required.
Occasional travel (<5%)