Why Choose Arcadis:
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
EN EnvironmentJob DescriptionArcadis
is seeking a Industrial Hygiene & Safety (IH&S) Specialist
to direct, coordinate, and perform tasks such as building characterization surveys, regulated building assessments, Indoor Air Quality assessments, H&S audits, and environmental site assessments. The individual will be part of a team that supports large national accounts. The position will be located in the Hanover, MD
office. Servicing Baltimore
and surrounding areas.
- Perform site inspections, building characterization, and environmental sampling for asbestos, RCRA metals, soil and water.
- Indoor Air Quality and water intrusion assessments for mold, dust, comfort parameters, and other common air quality contaminates.
- Health & safety audits, inspections and oversight.
- Perform air monitoring for asbestos, mold, dust and other contaminates.
- Perform oversight during regulated materials removal activities.
- Interact with management, contractors & sub-contractors, coordinating site meetings, developing scopes of work and implementing project schedules.
- Must be willing to travel to include single overnight trips up to and including month or longer-term assignments
- Must be able to pass medical exam, drug screening, and medically cleared to wear negative pressure respirator
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs of equipment
- Work hours may include nights and weekends, or extended shifts beyond 8 hours
- Education - High School or equivalent
- Minimum Years of experience: 2
- Experience performing and coordinating asbestos, lead paint, IAQ, water intrusion/mold, general industrial hygiene, H&S and facility-related investigations
- General understanding of HVAC systems, building mechanical systems, building construction
- General understanding of building renovation and demolition
- Experience taking notes, observation of contractor work, field documentation
- Familiarity with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.)
- Must have very good field note taking skills and legible hand writing, as well as good verbal communication
- Ability to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, and state regulations for asbestos, lead paint, etc.
- EPA AHERA asbestos inspector accreditation
- Michigan Asbestos licenses for asbestos inspector and asbestos abatement air monitoring
- Education: AS or BS in physical sciences or industrial hygiene, safety, environmental sciences, or related science or engineering fields preferred although not required
- Additional asbestos accreditations preferred: Management Planner / Supervisor / Project Designer
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Adjacent state asbestos licensing (e.g. IL, OH, IN, etc.)
- Experience performing other IH-related work and non-IH environmental work
- Experience performing environmental related work such as ground water and soil sampling
- Optional EPA accreditation as Lead Inspector / Risk Assessor
- NIOSH 582e PCM Analysis Compliance Training
- Experience preforming Health & Safety oversight
- Experience in construction management
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.